Sunday, January 2, 2011

Fashion Photography Workshops

Fashion Photography Workshops: "


As many of you may have noticed – I’ve been starting to do fashion photography workshops aimed at beginner – intermediate photographers. I can honestly say I realise I thoroughly enjoy teaching other people and passing on my knowledge. Photography can be very intense and personal so giving back and putting myself in a position where I can pass on advice and share my experience is very beneficial to me – and I learn a thing or two, too!





My first courses were held in London at MindStudio in December – there were originally two dates and I immediately fully booked them all so I added another date, totalling it to three. The workshops are a full day intensive course based on fashion photography ‘from start to finish‘ and show the photographer how to plan the initial shoot, arrange and book a creative team, several lighting set ups in the studio, how to guide your model and a chance to each photographer to photograph ‘their’ images as well as a general advice and feedback session at the end of the day. The day is treated as I would treat a photo shoot myself – there is a creative team on hand, an experienced model, stylist, hair and make up artist – they are all their to guide and share their experiences also!



I have met some wonderful people on these courses and I’ve had some great feedback from the attendees on the day. The results I’ve seen from the photographers on the day have been amazing so far!



I will be adding more dates on over the next few weeks for NYC and hopefully Toronto, so please keep checking back.



LJ. x


(Photo Credit: Oscar May www.oscarmay.com)

"

No comments:

Post a Comment